Favorite Equine Images of 2007

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Goodbye Dear Friend

Earlier this week I received rather sad news from a dear friend of mine. Tara of Northern Lights Ranch had to put down her amazing stallion Malachi this past week. He came down with an infection that the equine hospital was unable to treat. I have never met a pair so well matched as these two. This horse had to much presence and grace, he was truly a joy for me to photograph.






This shot sums them up to me, his power and grace matched so well to her inner power. Though he towered over him, you can tell how much he cared for her and watched out for her. He truly was her stallion and he will be missed by all who knew him!
Farewell Dear Malachi, may the Rainbow bridge welcome you to green pastures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HE is truely lovly! You captured him well. I do especially love that last photo of the two of them.

Laurie Comfort said...

Jennifer,

Thank you. I hope I did him justice, he was an amazing stallion and I was honored to get to work with him. The last photo is one of my favorites!

Have a great day and thank you for the comments!