Favorite Equine Images of 2007

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Darby Downs Equestrian Center

I'm finally getting caught up and back to normal here, so it's time to resume my posting on the blog.

My last post was about Jack McDonald Stables. That same month I also photographed a few other farms, all for Pittsburgh Professional Magazine.  This shoot was at Darby Downs Equestrian  Center.  The magazine was writing an article about the Equestrian community in Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas.  At Darby Downs, the interviewed Kathy, who is pictured below.  She currently takes lessons on her Perch/TB cross there.  The two of them look great together, and there images do not do them justice.


I also discovered some of the other owners enjoying their horses at the stable during my shoot.
The feel and ambiance of this barn was a great inspiration to me.  I did a lot of close up work here, along with a lot of farm life type portraits.




shilottesThey also seemed to have the perfect setting for me to work on my silhouettes.  I did a lot of work on those here and I have to admit I'm very pleased with my work there.



I hope you enjoyed the images from Darby Down as much as I enjoyed being there.  I hope to be able to return there some time this summer to get to work with everyone when the setting is a little more green.

No comments: